CNCNETPDM VERSION 8 RELEASE | NEWS
On Sunday November 19th 2023 we released CNCnetPDM 8.0 a major version that comes with new and updated features, performance improvements and bug fixes.
FIG 1: CNCnetControl Version 8.0
- All device drivers now additionally output the machine’s device name (as defined in CNCnetPDM.ini) to the CNCnetPDM OPC UA Server, MTConnect and SQL Database modules.
- Driver device.dll now supports simulation of unsolicited messaging down to intervals of 100ms, ideal for testing of scenarios where multiple devices output data in high frequency.
- Device drivers are now automatically set to work in unsolicited mode if this acquisition mode is selected in CNCnetPDM.ini.
- All components of the OPC UA Server module were updated for enhanced speed and lowered memory consumption.
- The MTConnect Adapter module now correctly sends all TAG|VALUE pairs including device name on connect or reconnect of MTConnect Agents.
- Compatibility with MS Operating Systems Windows 11 and Server 2022 up to version 23H2 was highly enhanced.
- Checking of reachability of a device over the network on every reading cycle is now omitted if the devices Application Program interface (API) responds, in both solicited and unsolicited mode.
- Timeout for checking reachability of a device over the network is now lowered to 100 milliseconds, was 1 second in previous versions.
- Duplicated events (e.g. ‘Device is not reachable’) are not written to log files.
- CNCnetPDM now prevents from duplicate starting of identical program or service instances.
- CNCnetPDM and CNCnetControl now correctly identify the connection state of a device as disconnected (unavailable) if it can be reached over the network (‘E 1’) but their API does not respond.
- Important note: Licenses for CNCnetPDM 7.x are still valid for this version. However, all device drivers have to be updated to version 8.x otherwise they fall back to restricted mode.
Please contact us if you have any questions!